Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Cleaning Day 2 - Bathrooms

Happy Monday! Last week took a different path than I expected. My hubby worked from home last week and his work day didn't start until 10 AM so we had some nice lazy mornings. I gave the kids a lighter load of school work as well.

Needless to say, my fall cleaning on the rest of the house didn't get done! I think I'm back on track today . . . well, maybe!

I was planning on cleaning the living room and dining room today, but the bathrooms needed some serious attention.

Cleaned them from top to bottom. It's not such a terrible job since we have small bathrooms. Feels good to have that done for a while!

We have really hard water, so to fight soap scum in the tubs, I've found that Easy Off oven cleaner of all things works wonders. I like to use natural cleaners, but I haven't found a natural cleaner that cuts through soap scum.

Along with the usual scrubbing of bathtubs, toilets and sinks, I wiped down well, pretty much everything!




All clean for a while!

I treated myself to a Yankee Candle I found for $12.99 at Burke's outlet. They get in discontinued scents and I'm usually able to find one I like. I really love this Spiced Pear. It's a great fall scent!


I  light candles and put on music while I clean. It really helps make the job a little more pleasant.

My kiddos have finished school for the day, and the lawn needs to be cut hopefully for the last time this year. My 15 year old is in charge of that, so I guess I'm off to make sure he gets going!

May your day be blessed!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Dear Mandy...it always feels so good to have our homes clean and tidy. I love having a candle burning ... it makes for a warm and cosy cottage. Blessings ♥ Teri

Firecracker Kid said...

Wonderful! You've inspired me to tackle our bathrooms. With rubber gloves of course... lol.
Blessings,
Carol

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Your last couple of posts have really inspired me to take on my house one room at a time before the holidays!!

Blessings,
Dana