Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Monday, September 23, 2013

Oh, How I've Missed My Blogging Friends

10 months since I've posted. That's hard to believe! The last year has been full of so many changes and unexpected events, that I couldn't even begin to go into it all right now. I had to put blogging aside. I'll explain more in future posts!

Right now, I just want to say how much I've missed my blog friends. I've missed the relationships with wonderful ladies that share my common interests. Don't get me wrong, I have amazing girlfriends here in my everyday life, but we don't always share the same taste in decorating or crafts!

I've been decluttering and organizing around here lately. Our house isn't that large, so my furniture has to double as storage space. I always look for pieces with drawers or shelves. A friend of mine was selling this beautiful dresser for a great price and I thought it would work perfectly in my entryway.

Look at all those glorious drawers for storage!


I hope to get a little more fall decorating done soon. I just put little fall touches here and there. I've definitely simplified my decorating lately.

This is all I've done so far and this picture was actually taken last year. I decided to do the same thing in my kitchen this year. I love simple banners for my kitchen window. I change them out seasonally. I may make a few changes this year and add some pumpkins and gourds to the windowsill. I think I need a little more color here!



Well, that's my short and sweet post to ease my way back into blogging. I'm really looking forward to rekindling some blog friendships. Happy Fall everyone!





4 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Mandy! It's great to see you back!

Wendi said...

Welcome back, Mandy! Looking forward to catching up with you.

Firecracker Kid said...

Welcome back Mandy :) We've all been uber busy this Summer. Like you, I'm trying to de-clutter as well. You're looking good so far. Love your blog dress!
Blessings,
Carol

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Welcome back! Have missed your blog, but completely understand...I've been a major blog slacker since Spring. Just having trouble finding time to sit down and blog is a challenge!
I always love seeing your neat and simple décor...I need to de-clutter!