Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Painting Today . . . but not what you think!

I'm usually painting signs and blocks, but today I'm painting my KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS! I've been wanting to do this for over a year but I was scared that it wouldn't hold up! I finally ran across a blog post from someone who gave a great tutorial and hers have held up for over 3 years! I'll give the link to her blog and show before/after pictures in my next post. I'm a little nervous, but excited!

Oh, by the way my, Creekside Creations Facebook page has been stuck at 299 likes for a couple of days - I'd love to top 300 today! I'd LOVE for you to Like my page. You'll get in on giveaways, promotions and see custom orders that I'm working on. Thanks so much!

Well, off to make a mess in my kitchen!

5 comments:

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

I have wanted to paint my countertops for 2 yrs now. I have seen several Bloggers that have done it. It's not like it would hurt mine any, Lol! They are chipped and nicked and ugly. I just don't like them. I am looking forward to see how yours turns out.

Wendi said...

I thought about painting mine, but I was chicken. We ended up covering the existing counters with a new piece of laminate. I can't wait to hear how this turns out!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I did it at our previous house. It held up pretty darn well actually! I made sure I put several coats of polyurethane on them! Good luck!

Amber said...

Oh, I'm excited too! I can't wait to hear how you thought the process went! I've been throwing around the idea for like three years, but I've been to chicken to do it!

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh wonderful! We need to do this to our kitchen counter too. Anxious to see yours finished:o)
xoxo~Carol