Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Just Wish They Knew

I know my blog is hopelessly void of any consistancy right now, but just in case anyone out there still reads my little unorganized spot on the web, I wanted to share this.

I experienced something recently that awakened a burden in my heart that I've never known to this extent. I had a conversation with an unbeliever that shook me to my core. Now I don't mean that it shook my faith - actually, it did just the opposite. It brought me even closer to the Lord and made me all the more thankful that I personally know the creator of  heaven and earth and am able to call Him Father.

After hearing this person's stance on God, (basically that there is no God) I was deeply saddened. I prayed for the right scriptures and words to come to mind during the conversation. God delivered the exact words I needed, but the individual has a hardened heart and refused to accept anything I had to say. I tried to take to heart what 1 Corinthians 2 :14 says:

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The weather is unseasonably warm here in TN this week so I decided to go outside and enjoy it. While I was outside, I reflected on the conversation and again felt a deep sadness for the condition of this person's heart. I looked around at the beauty of the day and all that God had created and felt sad that unbelievers don't experience the joy I feel when I praise the Lord for all His blessings.

I thought about all the people that die every day and are seperated from God for eternity because they refuse to open their hearts and accept Jesus as their personal savior. They are too intellectual to believe in spiritual things. The "intelligence" that they cling to is their downfall. It is such a simple thing to do - a moment of faith like a child is all it takes. God will do the rest.

I shed tears for the first time in my life today for the lost. As everything in my life, this too was a blessing. God gave me just a glimpse of how His heart must break for them.

I just wish they knew.

4 comments:

StaceyJeannette said...

I still read your blog. :) I too, have felt the same burden for those who don't believe. I remember just aching for my grandparents who weren't believers. I'm still praying for my grandfather. Bless you for having a soft heart.

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

My son accepted Jesus as a young tween and was subsequently baptised. My heart was so joyful! Now, at almost 19 years old, he says he doesn't believe and that he is an atheist. My heart is so saddened and burdened by this. I believe, deep down, that he really doesn't feel this way and that he is just trying to discover who he is in this great big world. He's never known his biological father and all the male figures in his life are only there for him when it's convenient for them. So he has been let down by others a lot. I believe with all he's been thru in his short life, that this is why he has hardened his heart to Jesus. Please pray that God will put someone in his path to help guide him back to the road he needs to be on. Thank you for sharing this post with us. I will join you in praying for the non-believers.

April said...

Well put....Donna, will say a prayer for your son tonight!

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

I am a church musician and I play for a lot of funerals. The hardest ones to do are always for those whose families have lost faith. :(