Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall!!

My favorite season is officially here! We woke up to COOL fall temperatures this morning. I get to break out my new sweater and my fuzzy moccasins later today. A perfect way to ring in autumn!

I've been very focused on school work lately which partially explains my lack of blogging. Having an 8th grader is a challenge! I'm learning all over again right along with Zach. I'm loving 5th grade with Leah Kate, however. We're still at that fun, "no pressure" stage of learning!

I've done a little fall decorating - just some simple touches here and there-


 I don't like window treatments in my kitchen so I usually just change the banner for each season. My banners are VERY simple. I just cut some triangles out of canvas, stenciled on the letters and strung them on a length of jute. You can make banners as simple or as elaborate as you want!


This was another easy project. You can make these from 4x4's but I only had 2x4's in my wood stash. Paint the blocks in your favorite pumpkin colors, drill a hole in the top for your twig "stems" (add a little hot glue to the hole first) and add whatever embellishment you choose to the top. I chose canvas because it's my "go to" fabric!

My favorite twig wreath that I pull out every year and some fall blocks that I sadly no longer own :( My house is sort of a revolving showroom for my etsy shop! I should never get attached to anything I make. Oh well, I can make more for myself . (I tell myself that, but somehow it never quite happens!)

Busy days for sure, but I'm so blessed and thankful to God for each and every opportunity that he places before me. Serving, learning, loving and creating are wonderful ways to spend our days!

Time to go check on the progress of a Pre-Algebra test and enjoy this first weekend of fall! Have a wonderful Autumn day!!

9 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Love all your decorations!
The Jack O' Lantern sign is super cute in black...hhhmmmmm...may have to get black for myself!

Jenni said...

Hello Mandy!

Happy Fall to you, too! :) I love all that you have done so far to decorate for the season, and ADORE that sweet banner you hung above your kitchen sink. It is so cute! :)

I hope you have a beautiful day! It sounds very fall-ish where you are! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Love all your decorations. That canvas swag is so cute, easy too! Have a wonderful 1st Fall weekend :D
Kim

Karen said...

It looks like fall at your house! I love the sign over your sink--and the Fall blocks! Everything looks so nice. Have a great first weekend of fall!

Brandi said...

Hi Mandy! Love your fall decor. So creative! Have a wonderful weekend!

Christy said...

What clever little pumpkins! I might have to try that. Glad to see you are still around. I hope this fall season is wonderful for you.

Carol said...

Back atcha babe! We're cold and rainy in Ohio. Well, I sure do your decorating style. I could live with that right comfy and cozy. Very pretty:o)
xoxo~Carol

BECKY said...

Looks so pretty, Mandy! I had to part with a vintage linen pumpkin I made for the shop, and now am determined to make one for me!! I know how you feel!!

Hope you're having a great weekend, gal!! Love those wood pumpkins! Too cute!
Hugs,
Becky

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Your home looks so welcoming for fall, Mandy! I love everything! Love your little pumpkins made from the 2 x 4's! Those are darling! You are very creative!

I have a student in Pre-Alegebra too, by the way! So far, all is well, but math is definitely not her favorite subject! :)

Enjoy this fall weather and have a great day!

Tammy