Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thrifty Laundry Room Storage

Our laundry room is small and has no storage, but we're working on that problem!

I found this heavy shelf at Goodwill several months ago for 3.99-



It definitely wasn't pretty, but it had good bones and I knew I could do something with it!

I finally got around to fixing it up recently -


I painted most of it with light blue paint left over from one of our bathroom redos, and painted the inset underneath with chalkboard paint. I added a few hooks and that was it!

A few more pics, just because . . .


I must have my distressed edges!



The baskets hold all the stray stuff that ends up in the laundry room somehow! I like how it turned out, and now I'm ready to add some cabinets above the washer and dryer. I'm on the lookout for those - at a bargain of course!

I'm linking to



14 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks wonderful. You sure did a good job fixing it up. Love it. Lisa

Amber said...

Wow! This looks awesome, Mandy! You're so talented!

Amy Kinser said...

I think it looks great with it's new color and with the chalkboard paint. Love the jars on top.

blessedmom's simple home said...

I love this Mandy! You're so gifted with painting talent. I'd never have thought to add the chalkboard part. I think that's a stroke of genius :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Southern Belle said...

That is so neat! What a great redo.

The Moon and Me said...

Just visiting from At Home With K. Love this idea, it looks great. Your mason jars sure make it pop!

The Moon and Me said...

Just visiting from At Home With K. Love this idea, it looks great. Your mason jars sure make it pop!

Marie said...

You are so creative--love what you did!

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Mandy:) Very nicely done lil lady. I love it and the accessories in and on it!
xoxo~Carol

Kelly said...

Just adorable! The chalkboard is a nice touch.


Kelly

BECKY said...

Wow Mandy! What a great makeover!! I love it! You do such lovely work!
Love that you added the hooks and a chalkboard surface! Too much fun!
Have a joyful Sunday!!
Hugs,
Becky

Made In The South said...

WoW, I love it!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a lovely laundry room, Mandy! That's a place a girl wouldn't mind doing laundry! :) I don't have a laundry room - more like a laundry closet off the hall.

Love the shelf makeover - and I like the distressed edges! Very pretty!

Blessings,
Tammy

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

I love this, Mandy :)