Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Friday, July 1, 2011

Supper From our own Back Yard!

I actually do more than paint signs around here! We planted our first vegetable garden this year and thanks to advice from my parents and my in-laws, our little garden is a success!

This was taken a couple of weeks ago-



this was taken yesterday - BIG difference!



It's a small garden and it probably looks crowded to you seasoned gardeners, but we really weren't sure exactly how much space we needed! We've learned a lot and we're getting great results!

Our first broccoli! From the back yard-


to the kitchen table!


We've also got squash, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs that are coming along nicely.

We're really enjoying growing our own food, and the kids are learning a lot in the process (actually we all are!)

Looking forward to sharing more home grown veggie pictures with you!

9 comments:

Anne said...

Mandy,
That's awesome. We had a big garden,didnt do it this year,too busy. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Sstop by my bog and enter my giveaway if you get a chance.
Blessings,
Anne

Teresa@Much-A-Do said...

Beautiful Broccoli! I love gardening - I get so much more from it than just wholesome food. Time spent tending my gardens feeds my soul too.

Amber said...

Yay! Looks great! And I just have the inkling that that garden will grow a tad bit larger each subsequent year! ;)

jennifer768 said...

Congrats on a successful garden!Have a great weekend!Jen

Brooke said...

You are so fortunate. I would love to have a veggie garden. Your barn wood signs are wonderful. Enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog!

Wendi said...

Yea Mandy! That is a cute little garden. I will warm you that growing you own veggies is addictive! :)

Southern Belle said...

Wow, the broccoli looks amazing!

Firecracker Kid said...

This is so awesome:) All your greens look so good and healthy. Good for you! I'd be happy to have a garden that size.
Hugs~Carol

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Mandy,
Wow, your garden is wonderful! and just look at your broccoli....its amazing...
We only have one poor little cherry tomato vine in our yard..

Your veggie garden is beautiful! I would say you have a green thumb..
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth