Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Friday, June 24, 2011

Lovin' Some Barnwood!

I have a special supply of beautiful old barnwood in my garage! A friend called one day to tell me they were about to knock down their storm damaged barn. She graciously offered me some of the wood for my signs.

I'm almost afraid to use it! It's so perfectly weathered and rustic - has a beauty of its own without me adding a thing to it!

I finally got up the courage to use it for a special order last week-



Love this texture!


I've got more great pieces just waitng to be painted on!

I'm also already working on some fall signs. Gotta stay one season ahead at all times! I'm a member of the Old Farmhouse Gathering Etsy team and we're having a fall celebration starting next week.


I'm definitely not wishing summer away, but I do LOVE fall. Our summer is actually moving at a nice slow pace for a change!

I'll  be back with some fall celebration signs soon!

8 comments:

Brandi said...

love it Mandy. Such a great idea to use the wood for a sign!

Wendi said...

Beautiful wood!

jennifer768 said...

Love that sign !Hugs,Jen

Southern Belle said...

{love} that sign!

BECKY said...

Oh Mandy! I just love barn wood!!! I saw a heap of it just rotting away in a little town about 15 miles north of us. I think I may have to go grab me some of it! Might need some snake boots, and my hunky hubby, but I love it and need to get me some!!

This sign is so charming. Can't wait to check in on the event!!

Have a happy Sunday, sweetie!!
HUGS,
Becky

Jenni said...

Mandy, I love your sign! You did such a wonderful job on it! And I see what you mean about the barn wood being perfect! It is gorgeous!

I hope you are having a fun weekend! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

blessedmom's simple home said...

Wonderful sign! That is beautiful old wood.
Our summer has been mild so far, but it's supposed to be pretty warm this weekend.
Enjoy your week :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Made In The South said...

It turned out great! Before you know it fall will be here, can wait to see what you come up with. Fall is my favorite time too, although we don't have cooler temps until November.