Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Stories Behind the Sales

There are so many things I love about selling handmade things, but one unexpected treat has been hearing from my customers how they are going to use their items. There's a story behind almost every sale!

For instance, this pink lemonade sign is gong to be used at a little girl's first birthday party. A pink lemonade theme - how sweet is that?


This pedestal is going to be used at a wedding to display black and white photos of the bride's grandparents-




One sweet lady ordered a "farm fresh eggs" sign for her grandchildrens' egg business. They were going to put it out by the road to let people know when they had eggs for sale. After she received it, she let me know how excited the children were to put up the sign!

Those were just a few of my favorite stories - I've had more and they've all been interesting!

I can't tell you how rewarding it is to know that my items are being used at weddings, birthday parties, to celebrate retirements and other memorable occasions .

I'm looking forward hearing more "stories behind the sales!"

6 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Mandy, Such sweet stories. I love to buy something and the seller tell some story that is behind the item I buy. Stories, dreams, wishes, are what keep us going. Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Such sweet stories! It's so nice to know how your items will be used!!!

Paula said...

Those are wonderful stories, Mandy! (And I LOVE those little speckled eggs! *squeal*)

thesedaysofmine.com said...

Those were fun stories to read. Please share more with us! Some folks have such original ideas. Love the black and white grandparent photo on the pedestal idea!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Love the stories...your work is "timeless" and so neat. I just love it!