Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Farmhouse Week!

I've been a busy bee this week! I'm thrilled because I've been busy making signs - my favorite thing to do!

I love designing my own signs, and this simple little sweetie has been popular this week in my etsy shop. -


As a matter of fact, it seems that farmhouse style signs in general are my most popular items.


Now I'm inspired to come up with some new farm signs. My latest is larger than what I usually make-



Growing up on a farm, I've got all sorts of sign inspiration going through my head. I can remember things my grandma used to say that would make wonderful signs. Even recalling the sights, sounds and smells of the farm inspire me to create farm related items.

I thank God that this feels so natural - not like work at all. Through prayer and His guidance, I'm doing what I love to do. He deserves all the glory. I couldn't do this alone.

Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Southern Belle said...

I am so glad you've found a career that brings you joy. That is such a blessing! One day, when I have a place of my own, I so would love to purchase some of your signs.

Amy Kinser said...

Hallaleujah! I am so thankful for you that you are in your element and that God is directing your path. Keep on keeping on!!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Praise the Lord for your gift! You do such neat work, I always love coming over to see what new and neat stuff you are doing!!
Great work!!

blessedmom's simple home said...

Your business will do well too, because you give Him all the glory!

I love your signs, and those clothespins in a jar were such a simple and sweet idea. They look great too!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers for Jordan :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Angela said...

Hi, Let me introduce myself. I am your newest follower. I have been blogging for a few months now and am loving all the friends I have made so far. Love your blog. The farm signs are so neat. I accessorise with primitive items, sell them at my one and only show a year Mr. P and I do locally. But I love the look of farmhouse country. I have a guest room upstairs I am in the process of doing in that style. Would love to invite you over to visit my blog, Thru Nanas Window if you have time. Thanks and have a great day.

BECKY said...

I love these two, Mandy! When I saw the Pantry one I knew it would be popular!! I can't say that I have ever seen one before! And I am wanting a farm fresh, but have to wait a bit!! Bought a bunch of supplies!

Have a joyful week! To God be the Glory!!
Becky

Creative Ambitions said...

Mandy... it looks great! Love that you are using some farm inspiration to make your signs... and I LOVE that you give Him the glory for all that you create!

Kelly said...

Your signs have the most wonderful touch! They actually look like real antiques. Love them.

Simply Bungalow said...

I love your signs. What a perfect way to add charm to any room. They are wonderful!
~Heidi