Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Sink and Faucet Love

A little while back I posted about my new faucet being "too big" for my kitchen. I was right on the verge of sending it back when my SIL came over and thought it looked great. After looking at it for a couple of days, I decided she was right. I think it was just so much bigger in comparison to my old faucet, that it took some getting used to!

For three years I've wanted a deeper sink. The sink that was here when we moved in was barely 6 inches deep.

When my old faucet practically fell apart a few weeks ago, we decided the time was right to change them both out.

They were installed last night (my birthday present)-


Is it possible to be head over heels in love with a faucet? I know I'm making a ridiculously big deal over it, but I'm super excited over this!

Bear with me . . . a few more shots-



The sink is DEEP! It's 9 1/2 inches on the "big" side and 7 on the smaller side. I can finally set my big casserole dish down inside the sink!



This one change in my kitchen has made a huge difference in the overall look and feel. It's my "focal point!" One day I'd like to change the green countertops, but that's not even a big deal anymore.

I got a great deal on the faucet. I found it for HALF the retail price on Ebay. We found the sink at a  home surplus store.

Alright ya'll, thanks for letting me get some of the excitement out of my system!

10 comments:

Southern Belle said...

The sink and faucet looks wonderful!

Wendi said...

Looks great!! I love your new deep sink. Deep sinks are wonderful. Enjoy!

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Looks great!
I changed mine a couple of years back, it took some getting used to..Just about long enough to realize, my large stock pots fit under it to fill..:0}....
Tisha

Karen said...

It looks great ~ and happy birthday!

A Primitive Homestead said...

I like the new faucet & sink. I have a deep apron sink on my wish list. Happy Birthday! Blessings! Lara

Cora said...

I love it! Looking to make some changes in my kitchen in about 3 years!! Can't wait!

Teresa@Much-A-Do said...

I got a new tall faucet last year - love it for filling the tall pots. Yours is pretty to boot - it and your sink look great. Can't help but love it when I see someone, who like me, gets excited over hardware :)

Teresa@Much-A-Do

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

GREAT minds think alike. I have the EXACT same sink too! I L*O*V*E it...it's deep and the fact a casserole dish will fit in the bottom was a total selling point for me! lol
I think it looks Great. I thought my faucet looked big at first too...but now. It's the BOMB!
ENJOY ;)

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I'm excited for you because I can simpathize over faucet pains. LOL We got a deeper sink a couple years ago and love it! We just need a new faucet to match. I really like your kitchen, looks nice a big!

Darryl Iorio said...

A new faucet is a wonderful present to receive on your birthday! :’) It looks great and you’re lucky to have it. It matched well with your countertop and to think that you got it in a low price is awesome!

Darryl Iorio