Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stamped Tile Magnets

I've got a really simple project for ya today!  Those who have been my long time blog buds know my love for crafting with natural tiles. I just love the texture of them!

These small tiles make adorable magnets-



Supplies:

-Sheet of 2" tiles form Lowe's or Home Depot
-ink pad
-Stamps
-Strong magnets

The tiles come in sheets of 36 -



You can either peel the tiles away from the plastic backing or just use scissors and cut the plastic in between the tiles.


Choose your favorite stamps and design away!

You will need to get strong magnets, because these will do that slide down the fridge thing if the magnet isn't strong enough! Hot glue the magnets on, or some magnets have adhesive on the back already.

These make cute personalized gifts. I'm monogram crazy, so those are my favorites to do.

Here are some others I've done -









Wrap them up and they're all ready for gift giving!



Happy Crafting!

I'm linkng to some of these great parties!

18 comments:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

This is a fabulous idea! I have a bunch of these in my garage waiting for this! Thank you so much for the idea!
XO
Kristin

Brandi said...

Love it! You are so right, they would make perfect gifts!

Kelly said...

Love this! So simple yet so cute. Is this just regular old stamps and ink? Do you seal it with anything? I have to try this!

Kelly

cynthialeedesigns said...

Love this!! Thanks for sharing this project.
~Cindy~

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

How cute! I have made the coasters with the larger tiles but have never thought to do anything with the tiny ones. Thanks for the "how to". These would make awesome housewarming gifts!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

Great idea!! I'd never have thought of this. I love the tile ideas you've shared with us.
Hope your having a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Marcia

Kindra-At Home With K said...

When ever I see tiles at the home improvement stores, I think of you cools projects! Love this idea! Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

What a neat idea! The butterflies are so pretty. Love the idea of giving a set as a gift, too. I never would have thought to break up the sheets of tiles into the individual pieces.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this idea! It makes me wish I had stamping supplies! I think these look great...and I love tiles! ♥

Prairie Patch said...

Saw your link through the At Home with K party. I really like this idea, and it's something I could do. When I next get to the big city, I'll get some unfinished tiles and start stamping away! TFS.

Cheers,
Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute idea and easy. I like easy. Thanks for joining WUW.

Judy said...

What an awesome idea. I love how these came out. I'm so glad you stopped by and linked up this great project to my party. Hope to see you again next week.

BECKY said...

Hi Mandy! What a great idea! Too cute! Might have to try this!

Love your Ballard Design item, too!
You're so clever!!

Blessings,
Becky

Creative Ambitions said...

Mandy... very cute! I love the monogram idea, too!

Kendra

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Now how cute is that!!
What a great idea!!!

Jenni said...

What a wonderful idea! My absolute favorites are the butterfly ones! However, they are ALL adorable! :) I am going to HAVE to try this out!

Thank you so much for sharing how to do this, and I hope you have a great night!

Blessings,
Jenni

Christina said...

oooh so pretty! I'm a little obsessed with monograms lately too...so this is perfect! Are these tiles heavy? I would've thought it would be too heavy...but I guess not! You're brilliant :)

Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Tiff said...

You have just made my day, they are brilliant! So simple and easy but very pretty! You are so clever!!!!! I definitely have to give these a go.... Thanks for sharing! X