Faith, family and a little creativity. Keeping life simple in a complicated world.


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spring Eggs

This may be what I'm seeing outside my window today-


but I'm thinking SPRING! We're going through our fourth snow storm since Christmas and being cooped up has given me lots of crafting time!

Here's a little egg display that I put together -


This was super easy. I just stenciled letters on some little eggs that I already had. Vinyl letters would have been much easier and probably look better, but I didn't have any. I just made do with what I had!


Next, I painted a little piece of scrap wood that I found in my garage, hot glued some floral moss on top, and glued my little eggs on top of that.



This was super easy and cheap is an understatement here! I already had everything I needed, but this would still have been really inexpensive if I had to buy the supplies.


I'm not decorating for spring yet, but I'm thinking warm, springy thoughts to stay warm while being snowed in!



I'm joining 20 below Thursdays at Christina's Adventures

and

Under $100 at Beyond the Picket Fence


11 comments:

StaceyJeannette said...

I just love this! I want one! Beautiful job.

Kelly said...

Hello! I found you through the Under 100 linky party. I love all your projects!

I'm your newest follower....can't wait to check back in!

Kelly
http://crazywego.blogspot.com

Christina said...

This is SUPER cute!! I'm going to bookmark this for a little bit later in the season...we just got dumped with about a foot of snow, and it doesn't look like spring is too close here! BUT that doesn't mean I can't enjoy your very cute display :)

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!!

BECKY said...

This is adorable Mandy! Looks like something from Home Goods!! I think the lettering is perfect! Love your ideas!!

Stay warm and cozy! We had frost again this morning!! This sunshine gal wants this cold stuff GONE!!!

Love and hugs,
Becky

Lucy Designs said...

I just love these eggs...bookmarking in my head since I have some eggs too!

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

wow! This is an awesome project! I love those eggs!!

Wendi said...

Super cute and I think I might some eggs just like those in my Spring stash. Looks great!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Love this, I can't wait for sring! Thanks so much for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.

aimee said...

what a great idea! too cute :)
blessings,
aimee

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Oh how I wish spring would come..... These little eggs are so adorable! I'm going to have to make some myself. Thanks for inspiring.

Amber said...

That is so cute! You have such great ideas!